Do You Get the Truth in Your Evaluations?
Kirkpatrick Quick Tip Vol. 2 #26
Honest evaluation data is critically important for accomplishing the three purposes of training evaluation: improving the program, improving on-the-job performance and contributing to organizational results.
Do you get the whole truth in your evaluations? These six signs may indicate that you’re not getting complete and honest feedback from your program participants:
1. People fill out forms as quickly as possible and dash out the door at the end of training
2. You are not receiving any unsolicited feedback
3. All feedback is positive
4. You receive forms with no comments at all, or just a line through the highest rating for all items
5. You have a low response rate if the evaluation form is optional
6. The only way you gather feedback is with an evaluation form
Click here to listen to this quick tipAdditional resources:
Kirkpatrick Four Levels™ Evaluation Certification Program
Please share your thoughts on this Quick Tip.
Forgot your password? Click here to have it sent to you.