Easy Level 3
Getting to Level 3 is not as difficult, expensive or time-consuming as some people think.
In this quick tip, we provide a list of practical steps training professionals can take before a training program to support on-the-job implementation.
- Have a pre-training conversation with the managers of the people who will attend training. Jointly determine the critical behaviors that need to occur on the job for them to view the training as time well spent.
- Design learning objectives around the critical behaviors.
- Create job aids that assist training participants in performing the critical behaviors on the job. Introduce the job aids during training, and use them during hands-on activities.
- Design post-program follow-up as you design the training materials. This will ensure that this task gets accomplished. Take advantage of technology to schedule and automatically send reminders, refreshers and encouraging messages.
- Make a note in your calendar (or set up automatic reminders for yourself) to check in with some or all of the training participants after they have had a reasonable amount of time to try the new behaviors on the job. Ask them how it’s going and if they need any additional resources or support in order to be successful.
Make it part of your training design and development process to create the post-program implementation and support plan. Building this structure increases the likelihood that the resources that go into training actually will produce a measurable increase in performance.
Next week, we will discuss tactics to support on-the-job performance that you can incorporate during your training programs.
Quick Tip #1: Fast & Easy Ways to Get to Kirkpatrick Levels 3 & 4
Kirkpatrick Four Levels® Evaluation Certification Program
Kirkpatrick Four Levels® Evaluation Certificate Program
The Brunei Window Washer: Bringing Business Partnership to Life (book)
Getting to Kirkpatrick Levels 3 and 4 (webinar)
Getting to Kirkpatrick Levels 3 and 4 (keynote)
Igniting the Inner Fire: Kirkpatrick® Levels 3 and 4 (workshop)
Training on Trial (book)
Training on Trial (workshop)